Parents Plus: Parenting When Separated
Parentstop Ltd in collaboration with the Parent Hub Donegal and with funding from IPB is offering the Parents Plus programme entitled Parenting When Separated. The programme is being rolled out across Co Donegal and is coming to a venue near you soon.
This programme is for parents who are preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation or divorce. It is about:
- Solving co-parenting problems in a positive way that focuses on the needs of children
- Coping with the emotional impact of separation and learning stress management techniques
- Helping your children to cope with the impact of the separation both emotionally and practically
- Enhancing communication with your children and with the children’s other parent
Previous participants on the programme shared the following:
- “I have to accept that we are no longer partners but we will always be parents.”
- “I need to be considering the situation from my child’s point of view.”
- “It was an eye opener to hear different point s of view on co-parenting.”
- “I need to be really listening to my child’s voice.”
Places are free to all who are co-parenting. If you are interested in attending or want more information please give Gertrude Houton a call on 074 9177249 or text on 086 8863674.