We all have incredible gratitude and admiration for the work frontline and essential workers have done during this time of Covid 19. The best way we can say “thank you” to them is to #HoldFirm. That means living within the restrictions – social distancing, only travelling when we have to, only meeting up with small groups outside and at distance, washing hands frequently, wearing face covering in busy places. Yes it is tough, we miss people, places and the things we used to do but together we are beating Coronavirus. So let’s #HoldFirm.
Here is a message from the HSE
We want to acknowledge the public’s monumental efforts to keep our frontline and essential workers safe by staying home. Using the poem as inspiration, our frontline staff have joined together to give new meaning to President Higgins’ inspirational words.
Thank you to all of our frontline staff who volunteered to be a part of this campaign. The HSE healthcare staff in the video are:
- Mary Walshe, Site Manager, City West,
- Cornelius Dhivakar, Senior Occupational Therapist in Acute Stroke
- Doctor Colm Henry, Chief Clinical Officer
- Marie Nicholas, Senior Speech Language Therapist
- Paul Reid, HSE CEO
- Dr. Bairbre McNicholas, Consultant Intensivist
- Louise Staunton, Occupational Therapist
- Sarah Kavanagh, Paramedic Undergraduate Intern
- Cathy Barrett, Infection Control ADON
- Margaret O’Leary, Health Care Support Assistant
- Gillian Collins, Occupational Therapist in General Medicine
- Mary Majella O’Dowd, Senior Occupational Therapist
- Aoife Lyons, Clinical Nurse Manager 2, Ophthalmology Services
- John Fitzsimons, Consultant General Paediatrician
- Mabel Murtagh, Public Health Nurse
Get involved on social media by commenting and sharing on our posts and share your personal message of hope and solidarity. Include #HoldFirm and signpost to hse.ie for current advice and information.
Twitter handle: @HSELive
Facebook Page: facebook.com/HSElive/