While there are lots of ideas around for different age groups, here are some ideas that the whole family can enjoy together:
- have a movie night, choose a movie together and add some popcorn
- play a game of chess, dominoes, jacks or card games
- try a board game – they can be great fun!
- how about a dance mat or playing a game on the Wii
- ping pong, air hockey, tennis, darts, pool or snooker
- have a pamper night with facemasks, foot soaks and hand massages
- if you have a ‘gamer’ in the house – play together. Teens find it hilarious to see how bad their parents are at gaming!
- go outside – play some football, frisbee, dodgeball, piggy in the middle or stuck in the mud or go for a walk at night (within 2km of your home). You’ll be amazed at what fun can be had!
- share some of your old traditional games – kerbsie, two ball, kick-the-can, skipping
- have a picnic, cook a meal together, or plan a BBQ. Sleep outside!
You can find out more about play on the Let’s Play Ireland website https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/lets-play-ireland/