Mevagh Family Resource Centre
Mevagh Family Resource Centre is based in Downings, County Donegal. Since our foundation in 1998 we have established the centre as the area’s natural focal point by providing services and family support. In more recent years we have focused on additional family friendly activities while still providing a range of programmes and services, including community education, community garden, men’s shed and group supports.
We also deliver specific projects for children and young people, developing personal capacity, improving health and wellbeing and providing educational opportunities. We work in partnership with local agencies to provide these supports. Programme’s include:
- Breast Feeding Support Group – every Thursday morning @ 11-12:30pm
- Busy Bee’s, Parent, Baby & Toddler Group – Every Friday @ 10-12pm
- Junior Youth Club age 7-12 years – every Thursday @ 3:15-4:30pm
- Youth Club – Club Óige Mhíobhaigh– every Friday @ 7:30-9pm
- Book Club – second Tuesday of every month @ 8pm
- Mevagh Craft Group – every Thursday @ 10:30 – 12:30pm
- Mevagh Carers Group – second Tuesday of every month @ 11am
- Mevagh Men’s Group – second Tuesday of every month @ 8-10pm
- Mevagh Women’s Group – third Monday of every month @ 8pm
- Mevagh Men’s Shed – every Tuesday & Thursday @ 7-10pm
- Mevagh Community Garden
- McGrath School of Speech & Drama – every Wednesday @ 5-8pm
- ParentStop – when needed, can book through making an appointment.
In addition to this, the centre provides information, advice and supports to meet the needs of individuals and groups. We also offer faxing, typing and copying service, internet access, library, agency outreach, assist with job applications and CV writing, room rental and tourist information. Our Centre opens Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and close for lunch 1pm to 2pm.