Parents Plus Children’s Programme in Carndonagh
Are you the parent of children aged 6 – 11 years? Interested in doing a parenting course?
The Parents Plus Children’s Programme will begin in the Inishowen Development Partnership Office, Carndonagh on Thursday 9th November 10:00 – 12:30. The programme is free to attend. If you wish to buy the Parent’s Manual you can do so for €10. Please text 087 1736667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.
The Parents Plus Children’s Programme is an evidence-based parenting course promoting confidence, learning and positive behaviour in children aged 6 to 11 years.
Targeting the needs of primary school children, the Parents Plus Children’s Programme shows parents how to communicate positively with children, illustrating ways to encourage good social skills as well as well-researched methods to tackle behaviour problems.
- Solving childhood problems
- Play and special time with children
- Building children’s self-esteem and confidence
- Encouraging children’s learning/supporting homework
- Setting rules and helping children keep them
- Establishing daily routines
- Managing misbehaviour using consequences and sanctions
- Problem solving/talking problems through with children