|The Lifestart Services is a county wide home visiting service with
many years’ experience in the delivery of high-quality child
development, parenting education, and family support from pre-birth to pre-school or school entry depending on the level of need.
Lifestart Services strengths based approach is the main cornerstone
to their delivery of effective supports to parents and children across
Donegal. The relationship between the Lifestart Family Visitor and
parent is key for the engagement and retention of all families but
particularly for those most vulnerable. Lifestart Services work with
parents across the continuum of need, eliminating stigma and
retains those most vulnerable.
Programmes delivered through Lifestart Services include:
- 1:1 home visiting service delivering the Lifestart Growing Child Programme to parents of children from birth to pre-school or school entry with identified needs; monthly, fortnightly, weekly, or more frequently if required
- 1:1 home visiting service delivering the Lifestart Growing Child Programme to all first-time parents from birth to pre-school or school entry referred through the Public Health Nurse Service.
- 1:1 home visiting service delivering the Lifestart Pre-Birth
- Programme to expectant first-time parents or parents with identified needs.
- Lifestart Sessional Interventions – focused, needs-led, timed interventions addressing specific issues experienced by families.
- Lifestart Spirals Group Parenting Programme
- Lifestart Shaping Ourselves and Our Children (SOOC) Programme
- Parents Plus Parenting When Separated
- Circles of Security
Parents are referred through public health nurse service and other health and social care professionals both statutory and community. Parents can also self-refer if they have not been referred through their public health nurse.